2020 Toronto Zoo. Holiday Marketplace
21-Nov-2020 02:02 PM
Discover the magic of the holiday season this winter when the Zoo’s front courtyard transforms into second seasonal marketplace, showcasing some of the amazing producers, processors and artisans. In light of Friday’s announcement by the Government of Ontario, the Zoo and Terra Lumina will be closed effective Monday, November 23, 2020 until ...
HOLIDAYS Hundreds of Thousands of Lights Will Illuminate the Country and Our Homes in 2020
04-Nov-2020 04:57 PM
- Canadians across the country are encouraged to celebrate the holiday season and their shared traditions and values. - As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Christmas Lights Across Canada has revamped its 2020 program to follow public health guidelines and help Canadians feel pride as the holiday season approaches. This year, the program is ...
COVID-19Doctors want budget to address growing 'pandemic deficit'
04-Nov-2020 12:00 PM
Ontario's doctors are calling for Thursday's provincial budget to address the backlog of surgeries and other medical procedures that are contributing to the growing "pandemic deficit." Doctors are on the front lines every day, experiencing the effect of the pandemic on Ontarians, both in the care patients need urgently and the delayed care that ...
Roche Canada makes significant life sciences jobs investment in Ontario
29-Oct-2020 06:33 PM
- Ontario leads the way, creating a positive ecosystem for business that competes internationally. - Hoffmann-La Roche Limited (Roche Canada) is pleased to announce a major jobs investment into Ontario's life sciences industry. At a time when Canada and the world are looking to the sector to lead in testing, treatment and post-pandemic economic ...
The Hollywood Reporter names Vancouver Film School among Top International Film Schools of 2020
29-Oct-2020 04:33 PM
Renowned publication highlights the work institutions have done to adapt amid the COVID-19 pandemic and help students pursue their creative careers. Announcement Highlights: - Vancouver Film School is listed among The Hollywood Reporter's Top 15 International Film Schools of 2020. - The publication emphasized the work of VFS in facilitating ...
COVID-19 Air Canada Welcomes the Announcement of Alberta COVID-19 Testing Initiative
29-Oct-2020 03:29 PM
Air Canada Welcomes the Announcement of Alberta COVID-19 Testing Initiative Aimed at Easing Mandatory 14-Day Quarantine. - Air Canada is pleased that the federal government and the Province of Alberta have announced a joint initiative for a pilot project to test international and transborder travellers arriving in Alberta for COVID-19. Air Canada ...
HALLOWEEN New Frightfully Fun PetSmart® Halloween Costumes
29-Oct-2020 02:12 PM
- New Line of Pet Costumes Inspired by Favourite Foods, Creatures and Movie Characters. - From scary spiders to an adorable creature who lives in a galaxy far, far away, PetSmart has what you need to make this Halloween count for the whole pet family. The leading pet specialty retailer in Canada has spook-tacular fun covered for your cats, dogs, ...
New Rapid Housing Initiative to create up to 3,000 new homes for Canadians
29-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
Everyone should be able to find a place to live, raise their families, and build their future. That's why, since 2015, the Government of Canada has helped more than 1 million people have a safe and affordable place to call home. This work is more important than ever as communities across the country continue to deal with the impacts of COVID-19. By ...
HOLIDAYS One third of Canadians feel they'll never financially recover from the COVID-19 p
29-Oct-2020 10:21 AM
- Canadians working with a financial planner say they are much more confident about their financial health than those who are not. - More than half expect financial strains to cut into holiday spending. - The COVID-19 pandemic has had a dramatically negative impact on the financial health of Canadians, with nearly one third (30%) concerned they ...
Rendoodle is a Complete Solution Marketplace for Home Improvement Projects
29-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
Consumers looking for peace of mind during renovations and home improvement projects have a new hub for large and small renovations, repairs and upgrades. Rendoodle is a virtual home improvement marketplace backed by national brand suppliers and local independent retailers. Through an exclusive partnership with Castle Building Centres Group Ltd., ...
HOLIDAYS Pandemic threatens to deepen divide between big and small businesses
28-Oct-2020 08:23 PM
- Canadians planning to spend majority of their holiday budgets at big businesses; #SmallBusinessEveryDay movement encourages conscious consumerism. - While big businesses, like Amazon, are reporting significantly larger revenues compared to last year, small retailers are falling further behind, with the majority (62 per cent) still below normal ...
Employment in Canada Decreased by 240,800 Jobs in September 2020
28-Oct-2020 06:39 PM
Employment in Canada decreased by 240,800 jobs from August to September according to the September ADP® Canada National Employment Report. Broadly distributed to the public each month, free of charge, the ADP Canada National Employment Report is produced by the ADP Research Institute®. The report, which is derived from actual ADP payroll data, ...
PetSmart® Canada Announces Partnership with DoorDash to Power Same-Day Delivery
28-Oct-2020 04:22 PM
- Customers Can Now Get Same-Day, On-Demand Delivery of Pet Essentials from PetSmart, Powered by DoorDash Drive. - PetSmart, the leading pet specialty retailer in Canada, is making it even easier and faster for your best fur-friend to get their favorite items. Starting October 15th, 2020, PetSmart Canada will offer on-demand, same-day delivery ...
COVID-19 Rapid Testing at Calgary Airport First of Many Steps in Saving Aviation Industry
28-Oct-2020 02:56 PM
Unifor welcomes the Federal Government's announcement to provide the option of rapid COVID-19 tests for international air passengers. "This announcement is a good step forward in saving our aviation industry while protecting Canadians amid the COVID-19 pandemic," said Jerry Dias, Unifor National President. "International aviation bodies are ...
COVID-19 Colchicine, a potential drug to fight COVID-19
28-Oct-2020 02:33 PM
- Early, in-hospital treatment with colchicine reduces the odds of future cardiovascular problems by 48% in people who have just survived a heart attack. - Colchicine also being evaluated as a treatment to prevent complications and death related to severe cases of COVID-19 by the Montreal Heart Institute. - Data presented today at the virtual ...
HALLOWEEN Live Stream: "AmericanHorror Story" Murder House Opens to Public For First Time
28-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
- EXORCIST BISHOP JAMES LONG, PSYCHIC AND WHITE WITCH PATTI NEGRI, VAMPIRE EXPERT MICHELLE BELANGER, PROLIFIC HISTORIAN AND HALLOWEEN EXPERT LISA MORTON, TAROT EXPERT SASHA GRAHAM, ENERGY HEALER SATISH DHOLAKIA, PSYCHIATRIST DR WAGUIH ISHAK AND HOMEOWNER AND CARDIOLOGIST/PROFESSOR DR ERNST VON SCHWARZ AMONG PARANORMAL EXPERTS WHO WILL LEAD ...
HALLOWEEN Are you ready to get spooky?
28-Oct-2020 10:23 AM
- Creativity, Responsibility are Key to a Covid-free Halloween. - Just as the COVID-19 pandemic has had unique impacts across country, every community in Canada is going to have a different approach to celebrating Halloween. Now more than ever, it's important that parents and Halloween lovers alike find creative ways to celebrate the season while ...
COVID-19 The World's First Rapid, On-site COVID-19 Wastewater Testing Solution
28-Oct-2020 01:48 AM
- LuminUltra Files Patent for the World's First Rapid, On-site COVID-19 Wastewater Testing Solution. - A Research Collaboration Between LuminUltra, Dalhousie University and Halifax Water Demonstrates Wastewater Data Is a Powerful Tool in Early Detection and Tracking COVID-19 Prevalence within Communities. - LuminUltra, a Canada-based biotechnology ...
COVID-19 Provinces Gear Up for Second Wave: Scotiabank Economics Q4 Provincial Outlook
27-Oct-2020 04:22 PM
Most of Canada's provinces will experience record output contractions this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, with many not expected to recoup their losses for several years, says Scotiabank Economics in its Q4 Provincial Outlook. The report was released this morning, on the heels of Scotiabank Economics' latest Forecast Tables, published ...
Ford government attempting to use pandemic to privatize and cut public transit services
27-Oct-2020 02:14 PM
On August 2020, Unifor called on the Ontario government to immediately drop conditions contained in its Federal-Provincial Safe Restart Agreement that include municipal public transit privatization and service reduction measures. "Public transit is not the problem, it's actually the solution to many of our economic challenges. Yet the Ford ...
Purolator launches innovative delivery vehicles in Toronto and Montreal
27-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
- Innovative delivery vehicles will improve urban centre logistics and expand zero-emission fleet. - Purolator is launching innovative delivery vehicles to increase network capacity, reduce its carbon footprint and provide greater fleet flexibility in urban centres. The new fleet of vehicles offers a last-mile delivery solution to respond to the ...
Canadians are five times more likely to support than to oppose Canada's current prostitution legislation
27-Oct-2020 10:23 AM
2020 Pan-Canadian Poll, a new national poll conducted by Nanos Research on behalf of the London Abused Women's Centre (LAWC), Concertation des luttes contre l'exploitation sexuelle (CLES) and the Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (CATW), in collaboration with Canadian organizations, reveals Canadians' views on legislative approaches to ...
HOLIDAYS Nordstrom Canada Invites Customers To Make Merry This Holiday Season
27-Oct-2020 10:15 AM
- The retailer's 2020 Holiday website launches with an optimistic call-to-action that focuses on gift giving, convenient services and festive experiences (in-store and online!) to make the season joyful. - This year, more than ever, we're thinking about the Holidays a little differently. Though our celebrations may be re-imagined, Nordstrom ...
Irish-based ROQU Group launches world-first 'Health Passport' digital platform to support increased global COVID-19 testing
27-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
- World-first technology developed by ROQU Group to protect society, economy, and jobs. - Irish trial commences with national partners in healthcare, agriculture, education, childcare, logistics, entertainment, and other sectors. - Irish-engineered digital platform, in partnership with advanced diagnostics, delivers test results within 15 minutes, ...